Policyholders invest in an insurance policy with the intention of feeling more secure despite the unforeseen circumstances. It is a legal document that ensures compensation should the policyholder experience an unfortunate event. While it may put the mind at ease to have the option to claim it, no one would ever hope to really need to. Similarly, the claiming process is promoted to be easy and smooth, when in fact most policyholders end up hiring a property damage lawyer in Houston, Texas to help with the case.
When Is It Time To Seek A Property Damage Lawyer in Houston Texas?
The percentage of the population that has lost their houses, cars, and other properties to fires, floods, hail, earthquakes, and the like is too big to ignore. In these times, one of the silver linings would be having your property insured but unfortunately, it can still come with challenges.
It is fairly common for insurance carriers to under deliver on expectations, which adds to the emotional stress of the situation at hand. A lot of companies are known to deny claims, delay approval, or minimize just how much the policyholder is eligible to claim.
This is where a property damage attorney can be very useful.
At The Chad T. Wilson Law Firm, this is a regular sighting for us. We are firmly opposed to businesses that maximize vulnerable situations in order to gain profit. Because of this, we guarantee that our team of property damage attorneys in Houston Texas can and will work hard to get you the settlement that you deserve.
What Exactly Does A Property Damage Lawyer Do?
When you decide to hire a property damage attorney in Houston Texas, you can expect to receive many services, including but not limited to:
- The collection and review of the facts surrounding the case
- Determine areas in which the insurance company has insufficient reasonable basis for their conduct (claim denial, undervalued settlement, or consistent delay)
- Assess the right value of the insurance claim
- Research on specific and relevant federal, state, and local laws
- Manage negotiations and all forms of interaction on behalf of the policyholder
- Represent the policyholder in civil court if the situation calls for it
- Offer ongoing legal advice
- And so much more.
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring A Property Damage Attorney in Houston Texas?
No one wishes to experience an accident or a natural disaster, let alone have it cause severe damage on their private property. In the effort of seeking justified compensation from responsible parties, discrepancies often come up.
By hiring a property damage lawyer in Houston Texas to work with you, you drastically increase the chances of winning a fair settlement.
At The Chad T. Wilson Law Firm, you have access to professional property damage attorneys in Houston Texas who can walk you through challenging courtroom procedures and help you get positive results. When hiring us, we guarantee the following benefits:
- Ongoing access to in-depth legal advice
- Thorough damage assessment
- Settlement negotiations
- Assurance and peace of mind
Frequently Asked Questions:
Property damage claims or cases often fall under four different types:
- Residential Property Damage
This is in relation to damage done to your house due to natural disasters and/ or accidents.
- Commercial Property Damage
This is in relation to damage done to your business office or branches, including general liability and losses due to interruption of operations.
- Motor Vehicle Damage
This is in relation to traffic fatalities and damage to your vehicle.
- Personal Property Damage
This is in relation to damage to your personal property apart from your home, office, or vehicle.
The Texas statute of limitations mandates that the policyholder should file a property damage claim within two years of the incident.
There are three revealing indications of which the insurance company is treating the policyholder unjustly regarding their claim. These are:
- Unreasonably rejecting property damage claims despite the damage being covered under the policy.
- Unreasonably lowering the compensation of property damage claims through:
- Declaring that the repair / replacement cost is of lesser value than quoted
- Declaring that the replacement of damaged items are not necessary
- Unreasonably delaying claims
Houston is a city that needs no introduction. It is one of the most popular cities within Texas, and is also the fourth most populous city in the entire United States. Of all the notable people and things that originated from Houston, it is best known for its contributions to space programs. It is home to NASA’s Space Center, and was also the first word ever spoken on the moon. Because of these, Houston is not officially nicknamed “The Space City”. Houston is also home to many great sports teams including the Houston Rockets in the NBA and Houston Texans in the NFL